5/22/17 Board Meeting
Senior Director Dan Zaich provided the following update:
- Site design committees are continuing to meet and are working through options that the CFP team is providing
-Seeing rises in cost in the construction market because of the inability to find skilled labor
- A resolution for lease-leaseback agreements is on the agenda this evening
- This Wednesday will be the groundbreaking ceremony for the stadium.
- A recommendation for a solar procurement consultant is also on this agenda
- Received Prop 39 funding application approvals this week. These funds will allow the potential for energy management systems to be moved in to schools that are not in this bond program; solar shade structure and solar master plan goals can also be moved forward
-Tomorrow morning the Safe Routes to Schools Taskforce will do a walk through the neighborhood at SRHS at 7:30 am to see how students are coming to school; collaboration for Safe Routes to School funding for safe egress into the SRHS campus
In response to Trustee Llorens Gulati's question about whether students can be integrated into the solar project, Dr. Zaich noted that tomorrow a districtwide sustainability committee which will include students, will be meeting. The solar procurement consultant can also work to get students interfaced in solar projects.